01.01.2023 | 4:47 PM | NORTH TUSTIN – A two-alarm fire ripped through a home leaving five people displaced on New Year’s Day.
The fire in the two-story home was reported in the 18700 block of Pinto Lane around 4:47 PM.
When crews arrived they discovered heavy smoke and fire coming from a garage and second-story window.
It took approximately 50 firefighters nearly about 50 minutes to extinguish the well-established fire.
Three adult and two children were displaced as a result of the New Year’s Day fire but no injuries were reported.
Investigators believe the fire was the result of defective lithium-ion batteries.