12.30.2019 | 1:33 AM | COSTA MESA – Two dogs were rescued after a fire broke out near a home’s chimney, early Monday morning.
Authorities responded to reports of an odor of smoke inside a home in the 200 block of Palmer Street around 1:33 AM.
Units arriving on scene saw smoke showing from the home’s chimney and a haze inside the residence.
Firefighters quickly evacuated the home and rescued two dogs inside before battling what turned out to be a stubborn chimney fire.
It took crews over 30 minutes to get control of the fire which appeared to have spread to nearby walls.
Several residents were displaced but no injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.